Friday 25 May 2012

27 days to #PDP1200: My new best friends...

I would like to introduce you to my new best friends. They are a pair of Salomon Quest 4D GTX. I bought them today at Kountry Kit here in Tavistock who were wonderfully helpful as always. They were also kind enough to give me a great discount as sponsorship towards the walk, so THANK YOU James.

I took my new friends for a five mile breaking in walk with my mum's dog Harley. The sun was blazing hot so they were soon off for a swim just up river from Double Waters. They are lightweight but sturdy enough to cope with the Pennine Way and overall I am very pleased with them.

I'm not really a big "kit man" although I was always called a "happy camper" whilst on my Duke of Edinburgh awards. But I am very excited about these boots. On a long distance walk, boots are so important and these will be perfect.

More anon. Peacex


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show support by leaving a comment or following on Facebook, Twitter or by leaving your email address. Maxim